YOUR Project: Inspiration Central


First of all, I can't thank you all enough for your gorgeous comments on my post about Noah's wee woes. I nearly fell off the sofa when I saw them all there waiting for me! You all really have put my mind at ease with your own stories and made me realise that my child perhaps isn't such a goose after all, but actually quite normal. Those mums over at that other page I was reading will probably all wake up with longer noses for all their boasting and (I'm sure) exaggerations... Stickers was a good one - we did that with Hugh and it was the thing that made the difference. Noah isn't motivated by stickers, though I know he is by chocolate. While I didn't want to reward him with sugar it might be the key... I'll definitely keep you posted.

But tonight, I wanted to talk about being inspired. At the moment I am feeling so totally inspired by everything I see - it's crazy and it's wonderful. It puts me in a better mood and I've been noticing how much more patient and "silly" I am with the boys because of it. It's actually quite fantastic. I'm absolutely bursting with ideas of things to make and do and if I could just learn to be a little more organised (which I'm working on), I'll find more time in my days to make them all a reality and then share them with you!

I spent last weekend up to my armpits in concrete making something very special for an upcoming Weekend Decorator and tonight I've been playing with a rope project. Can't wait to show you those!

But for now, I just want you to take a deep breath next time you leave the house. No matter how late you are (assuming you're anything like me you WILL be late for something), just breathe for a moment and take in your surroundings. Be it the weather, the sky, the texture of the tree trunk or even the light-play on your car. If you do this just one time each day, I guarantee within a week you'll feel brighter and more inspired to make and do. It's easy to get caught up in the hustle and bustle of living in a city and we sometimes forget to "stop and smell the roses". Everything these days moves so fast we just need to make a conscious effort to slow down a little - after all, how are our wee ones going to keep up if we're in such a hurry al the time? You know what I mean.... Try it. I'd love to hear what you discover.

1 comment:

  1. it's sounds cheesy, but we really do need to slow our lives down sometimes and stop to smell the roses, as you said. a great post! isn't it wonderful how we can get inspiration from just about anything?!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Thanks for visiting.x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...