6 of the best outdoor playspace ideas


The Sunken Trampoline: This idea is such a goodie it was worth posting two shots of it. It's pure genius. Yet no matter how many times I tell my husband how easy it would be to do I just can't convince him. Oh to have a tramp the kidlets couldn't fall off! Maybe one day when we have a little shack like this one huh?

The Giant Chess Set: Having grown up in Sydney, I have lots of memories of my mum taking me into the city to see the christmas windows at David Jones and various street parades and kids shows. They always included a walk through Hyde Park and we'd stop to watch the people playing the giant chess game. Even as an adult chess is a game that intrigues me. I never learnt how to play and really wish I had. To have one like this at home would be bliss. Warm spring afternoons in the garden playing a long and thoughtful game with a cup of tea and my fam... Ahhhh.

The Half-Pipe: This is so impressive! It's an Australian family's indulgence that has me in complete awe and amazement. I'm not even going to humour myself that this is even remotely achievable without some kind of engineering degree - which is probably a good thing considering the kid in the shot isn't wearing a helmet... I can imagine how many runs we'd be doing to the hospital emergency ward if we had one of these....

The Carwash: I've seen similar DIY's over on Pinterest before, but none as good as this. I'm saving this one as a must do project for summer. Really not much more than some PVC piping joined into an arch shape with some strategically placed holes and a hook-up connector at one end for the hose... (I say that, but it always ends up a bit harder than it looks doesn't it?) If it happens - I'll show you...

The Theatre: Imagine your own stage in your own backyard! Kids live in a make believe world most of the time, and I know my boys are always pretending the verandah on the back of our house is their stage. I can only dare to think how much they'd love one of these to call their own. I'd probably never get anything done though as I think they'd be constantly asking me to be their audience and watch their shows... 

The Nest: What a wonderful spot to share secrets and dreams! This construction is rather a long-term plan that would have been undertaken before the wee girls pictured were even a glint in their parents eyes... But you could easily achieve a similar effect by training a fast growing creeper like potato vine or passionfruit vine to grow onto your existing cubby structure. I do love the rustic character of this one though...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! Thanks for visiting.x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...