Beds vs Bunks - And the bunk's in the lead....

The beauty of having two boys so close in age is the flexibility we have when it comes to addressing the issue of sleeping quarters. As soon as Noah started "sleeping through", he went straight into the same room as Hugh. It was a decision we'd thought long and hard about, and, after much discussion we agreed that although we had the extra bedroom, they would both benefit more from sharing a room and having a designated play space of their own.  (As well as creating a setup that we would reap the benefits of further down the track! Sneaky.)

It's all been going really well - but for the minor tantrum or two with Hugh locking himself in his room... But the time is fast approaching where we'll have to move on from the Noah in the cot and Hugh in the mini-single Ikea toddler bed. The room's not huge so bunks seems like the solution. I figure if we split them to start we can put the safety rails (that would go on the top bunk) on Noah's single to stop him rolling onto the floor - which has happened before... So, I'm trying to find a set of bunks that can be split into two singles. And I've found a couple of solutions...


There's this one, the Carter Single Bunk from Domayne - but at a smidge under $1500 I'm, shall we say, inspired to keep searching...




Then there's this one - the Single Montana which I found at Furnish Australia's eBay store - much more appealing at $425 (yup - that's for the two... good huh?) If you know of any others I'm missing that are good let me know! Pleeease!

Because all this research keeps bringing back to my ultimate single bed style which is this...



These two are great aren't they? I found them on Living Etc. The loft style is so appealing for the kids, and oh mama! what I wouldn't do for all that storage! Makes an underbed box look very much the poor cousin...



This one is the only local version I've been able to find from Domayne again, and expensive again at $1399... 


Then there's this idea. The grandaddy of all kids bedrooms - roof conversion, ladder access to sleeping zone, bottom level play/study space... Got a spare $30K or so? 

So the decision is yet to be made... I'd love your input. I've been changing my mind every day! Right now, I'm leaning towards the eBay find. It suits my budget and fits with my decorexic tendancy to want to change things every twelve months... Tell me what you think...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! Thanks for visiting.x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...